Saturday, January 17, 2009

Dear Diary,

This is my first blog post. Ericka peer pressured me into doing it, and as usual, I caved in to the demands of the cool kids.

Now I will relate to you an interesting anecdote from a couple of days ago:

I got home early from work and decided to ride my horse, Bailey. I hadn't ridden him for about six weeks, and I'd been feeding him lots of grain, since it's been cold lately. But I decided to just hop on and go for a spontaneous bareback ride.

He was snorty, and did little bucks most of the way. This didn't concern me, though, since this is just one of the games we play. But then he got serious. His head went down, smoke came out of his ears, and I SWEAR TO GOD, he squealed. I was laughing at the noise he'd just made, when I found myself suddenly clinging to his side. We locked eyes, he bucked again, and off I came.

It was a soft landing in the snow, and I jumped up in time to ask him please not to run away as he ran away.

On the walk home, I had a lot of time for introspection. Why had this happened to me? Where had I gone wrong? These answers didn't take very long to answer, though, and I spent the rest of the hike plotting my revenge...

3 comments:

  1. I would be happy to provide a few reason this might have happened. Just ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I can't wait for Part 2 "The Revenge."

    ReplyDelete