Wednesday, January 28, 2009

ADD? Or do I rack a disciprine?

Can't focus today. There's this house across the street from my office. What are they doing in there? What a ragtag bunch of ne'er-do-wells. They're always outside, loitering on the steps, smoking godknowswhat. Scalliwags. They always keep the blinds tightly drawn. What are they trying to conceal?

Also, there's sometimes the figure of a cat in the front window. Sometimes it's not there. But when it is, it's perfectly stationary. Is it a living cat? Or a sad little sculpture? I've been staring at it for ten minutes straight, and I'm pretty sure it hasn't moved at all.

I think its head just moved.

Maybe not. It's so hard to tell...What kind of inhuman hellcat could sit there, motionless like this, for so long?! Is it taunting me?

I swear to god, hellcat, if I have to come over there, you're going to be sorry. GIVE ME A SIGN!

It just occurred to me that hellcat might be staring at me, wondering whether I'm real. I haven't moved perceptibly, either, since this little showdown began. Heh heh. That's right. Take that, stupid cat. How does it feel?

Think I'll go to lunch.

1 comment: